Ocean Stars team 2014

Ocean Stars team 2014

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Personal Welcome!

Once again welcome to the Ocean Stars Blog 2014.

I am Sameena Ramsden and I will be managing this blog along with the other students who are participating in the trip. The Ocean Stars charity is such a giving and loving charity, and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to take part in volunteering with Ocean Stars.


I was part of the Ocean Stars 2013 team and I fell in love with the country and all the people! The minute I left Sri Lanka was the minute I decided that I had to return. The duration of the 10 days gave me insights that I could not have learnt from a textbook. In so many ways my eyes opened up to a world where people don't necessarily live in the best conditions but they are some of the happiest people I have ever met.


I am very eager to go back to Sri Lanka as I realised how much our communities can learn from and support one another. Meeting the children in Sri Lanka helped me to realise how the money that we raised by organising simple fundraising tasks can help people in a very practical way. 


I am not the only student planning to return to Sri Lanka. Fiona Lincoln, Jacob Iverson and Imogen Binelli will also be participating in the trip for a second time. Although we have many memories from the previous trip we do not wish to dwell on these too much. In fact we wish to move forward and use our previous knowledge to help the new students enjoy the wonders of Sri Lanka!



Thank you for reading this blog and and for all  your support.
Sameena Ramsden.


If you would like to find out more about Ocean Stars or the Ocean Stars 2013 team please follow the following links.

Website: http://oceanstars.org.uk/home
2013 blog: http://ocean-stars-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment